Sinai Urban Health Institute Job Opening
The Sinai Urban Health Institute is hiring a bilingual (English/Spanish) Asthma Program Community Health Worker (CHW) Supervisor for the Coordinated Healthcare Interventions for Childhood Asthma Gaps in Outcomes (CHICAGO) trial, an asthma intervention that primarily serves Chicago’s Westside and Southside communities. Under the direction and guidance of the Project Director, the CHW Supervisor will be responsible for assisting in training and supervising CHWs on the project, and overseeing the delivery of health education and case management services to children with asthma and their families living in these communities. The CHICAGO Trial is a multi-site study.
The overall goal of the CHICAGO Trial is to test the asthma intervention’s ability to improve asthma control among minority children seeking care in six Chicago Emergency Departments, via education, patient advocacy and linkage to medical services. The CHW Supervisor will serve as a mentor to the CHWs on the project, assisting them in bridging the gap between the study participants and the medical system, educating participants on optimal asthma management, and building trusting relationships with participants and their families. The CHW Supervisor will also conduct educational home visits as needed.
The CHW Supervisor will work closely with the project’s CHWs in order to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the intervention. He/she will be actively involved in helping CHWs to navigate case management issues as well as addressing complex home environmental issues. Additionally, the C HW Supervisor will promote the project in both the hospital and community settings, and will work closely with staff at all project sites on all project activities. He/she will be involved in the coordination of community/group education events. The Sinai Urban Health Institute is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, passionate Asthma Program CHW Supervisor candidate that meets the job requirements outlined below.
- 1 year of professional experience in the healthcare setting complemented with a Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years professional experience in the healthcare setting complemented with a high school diploma
- Extensive knowledge of asthma and experience providing asthma education strongly preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve conflict and provide clear direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing asthma education and/or other health education, as well as case management services strongly preferred
- Intimate knowledge of Community Health Worker model. Previous experience as a CHW, and/or working with CHWs strongly preferred
- Driver’s License and car strongly preferred
- College degree preferred
- Familiarity with and experience working in Chicago’s West and/or Southside communities (resident of Westside or Southside communities preferred)
- Passion for and dedication to working with community members
- Experience working with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel software, some knowledge of medical terminology
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Jessica Ramsay, email@example.com. The Sinai Urban Health Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
The Sinai Urban Health Institute (SUHI) was founded in March 2000 to generate creative approaches to improve the health of Chicago’s urban communities. Led by a team of dedicated and energetic social epidemiologists, the Institute provides evidence-based examination of community health status, the effectiveness of interventions and clinical care, and health-care delivery methodologies. A major component of the Institute’s work involves social issues, such as racism and poverty, and their impact on health. For more information about the Sinai Urban Health Institute and this project visit: www.suhichicago.org.
Melissa Gutierrez Kapheim, MS
Epidemiologist II Sinai Urban Health Institute
Sinai Health System 1500 S. California Ave, K448 Chicago, IL 60608
Posted 4.1.2014 Corinne Camp Action Network Sonoma County -California
Speakers Bureau Coordinator Job Description
> REVISED DUTIES, HOURS AND PAY! <
The CCAN Speakers Bureau sponsors workshops and presentations that convey stories of hope and transformation for people living with mental health challenges and their allies in the greater community. We are currently seeking an individual with lived mental health experience to serve as Coordinator of this project during the next grant-funded quarter, with the possibility of continuing should additional funding become available.
Booking Presentations and Workshops
- Outreach, scheduling and confirmation with existing and new venues
- Arranging for sufficient speakers for each scheduled engagement
- Preparing, distributing and collecting informational handouts, surveys and demographic questionnaires for each engagement
- Attending all scheduled engagements
- Preparing quarterly reports which include a spreadsheet with demographics and statistics, as well as a narrative summary
- Fiscal management, which includes submitting to fiscal agent and maintaining a record of speakers’ agreements for stipends and receipts for all outlays
- Communicating on a regular basis with funder and fiscal agent
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment, files and materials
- Recruiting new speakers, completing application process for each individual
- Conducting initial and on-going training and meetings with established speakers
- Contributing to sustainability of project by researching funding prospects and participating in writing funding proposals
- Attending bi-monthly meetings of CCAN to represent and report on project
It is anticipated that these activities will take approximately 70 hours per month. The salary is a monthly rate of $840 – $980, depending on qualifications. A computer and printer are provided, however regular internet and phone access is required.
To Apply: send resume and cover letter explaining why you believe you are the best candidate for this position to Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 324 – 3498, ext 1301
CLOSING DATE/TIME: Thu. 02/27/14 11:59 PM Pacific Time
SALARY: $30.59 – $37.19 Hourly
$2,455.58 – $2,985.38 Biweekly
$5,320.42 – $6,468.33 Monthly
$63,845.00 – $77,619.99 Annually
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, California