Tim Berthold, Coordinator
50 Frida Kahlo Way
Multi-Use Building, room 353
San Francisco, CA 94112
Telephone: (415) 452-5266
The Five Certificates are:
- The CHW Certificate: 20 units of study that includes Health 64 and 66.
- The Elder Advocate Specialist Certificate: 21 units of study that includes Health 10, 87 and 91H. CHWs are trained to provide services to seniors in diverse settings. *Pending state-approval (anticipated fall 2018)
- The HIV and Hepatitis Navigation Specialist Certificate: 22 units of study that includes Health 66, 67, 91c and 95. CHWs are trained to address local HIV, Hepatitis and related epidemics in diverse settings. *Pending state-approval (anticipated fall 2018)
- The Reentry Specialist Certificate: 20 units of study that includes Health 66 and 110. CHWs are trained to work with incarcerated and formerly-incarcerated clients and their communities.
- The Youth Advocate Specialist Certificate: 20 units of study that includes Health 64 and 65. CHWs are trained to work with youth and young adults in diverse settings.
Community Health Worker Program is on Hiatus for revision in 2018/2019
Offers a 10-week Community Health Worker (CHW) Leadership Academy to increase awareness of chronic disease prevention, risk reduction and management among women and men from multi-ethnic groups. The trainings take place in City Heights for individuals living in City Heights. The program aims to support community members by increasing capacity and providing mentorship for career opportunities. (Information Provided By: County Of San Diego Mental Health Services )
PCI was founded byDr. James Turpin in the U.S./Mexico border region in 1961, a doctor from San Diego. Current CEO and President Carrie Hessler-Radelet,
Dr. Maria Lourdes Reyes, Director of US & Border Programs
PCI (Project Concern International) | 5151 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite 320 | San Diego, CA 92123 | © 2019 PCI. All Rights Reserved. | www.PCIGlobal.org |