- Ignatius Bau, Interim Executive Director, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Robert K. Ross, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, The California Endowment
As California continues to implement the Affordable Care Act, how do we broaden the definition of health for California’s communities of color?
- Sandra Hernandez, MD, President and CEO, California HealthCare Foundation (confirmed)
- Peter Long, PhD, President and CEO, Blue Shield of California Foundation (confirmed)
- Daniel Zingale, Senior Vice President, The California Endowment (confirmed)
WORKSHOPS (Sessions 1 and 2)
All workshops are offered during both sessions. During Session 1, attend a workshop on a topic that is NEW to you. During Session 2, attend a workshop on a topic that you are ALREADY working on.
Ensuring Coverage and Quality Care for All
Hear updates and become mobilized on efforts to expand coverage and improve quality care for all our communities.
- Moderated by Cary Sanders, Director of Policy Analysis and the Having Our Say Coalition, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Gabrielle Lessard, JD, Health Policy Attorney, National Immigration Law Center
- Thu Quach, PhD, Research Director, Asian Health Services
- Celia Valdez, Director of Outreach and Education, Maternal and Child Health Access
Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies
Learn how communities of color are leading efforts to reduce disparities in mental health through community-defined practices and culturally competent services.
- Moderated by B. Darcel Harris-Lee, President/CEO, California Black Health Network
- C. Rocco Cheng, PhD, Corporate Director of Prevention and Early Intervention Services, Pacific Clinics
- Jim Gilmer, MA, Co-Chair, California MHSA Multicultural Coalition, and Co-Coordinator, California Reducing Disparities Project African American/People of African Descent Strategic Planning Work Group
- Alejandra Gutierrez, Youth Program Coordinator, Fathers and Families of San Joaquin
- Janet King, MSW, Community Relations Coordinator, Native American Health Center
Keeping the Peace: Community-Based Efforts to Reduce Violence
Hear about innovative strategies to reduce community violence and maintain safer neighborhoods.
- Moderated by Poki Stewart Namkung, MD, MPH, Board Member, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Linnea Ashley, MPH, National Training & Advocacy Manager, Youth ALIVE!
- Jesse Esparza, Youth Organizer, Fathers & Families of San Joaquin
- Adam Kruggel, Director of Organizing, PICO California
- Virginia Lee, MPH, CHES, Urban Peace Manager, Advancement Project
Employing Economic Opportunity as a Tool for Equity
Learn about promising programs that are improving individual, family, and community wellbeing through employment and other economic opportunities.
- Moderated By Michelle Doty Cabrera, Director of Research, SEIU State Council
- Ruben Lizardo, Associate Director, PolicyLink
- Laura Lopez, Executive Director, Street Level Health Project
- Jack Mills, Director, National Network of Sector Partners, Insight Center for Community Economic Development
- Carla Saporta, MPH, Health Policy Director, The Greenlining Institute
Housing for Wellness
Participate in a discussion on the ways that housing – from affordability and displacement to indoor pollutants – impacts the health of our communities.
- Moderated by Brandon Kitagawa, Policy Associate, Regional Asthma Management and Prevention Initiative
- Carlos Aguilar, Director of Organizing, Coalition for Economic Survival
- Tyrone Buckley, JD, Legislative Advocate, California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation
- Devilla Ervin, Ditching Dirty Diesel Collaborative
- Shashi Hanuman, Directing Attorney, Community Development, Public Counsel
- Sissy Trinh, Executive Director, Southeast Asian Community Alliance
Healthy Communities, Healthy Design
Participate in a discussion about innovative land use policies that address economic and community development, climate change, and other environmental issues.
- Moderated by Angelo Logan, Co-Executive Director, East Yard Communities for Environmental Justice
- Amparo Cid, Director of Sustainable Rural Communities Project, California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation
- Richard A. Marcantonio, Managing Attorney, Public Advocates Inc.
- Robert Ogilvie, PhD, Vice President for Strategic Engagement, ChangeLab Solutions
CLOSING & RAFFLE
404 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
A small number of rooms offered at a special CPEHN rate ($169/night) are available. Make your reservation by May 17, 2014. More information about the hotel can be found at www.thebonaventure.com.
We would like to thank our conference sponsors for their generous support.
The California HealthCare Foundation
The California Endowment
California Primary Care Association
Care1st Health Plan
L.A. Care Health Plan
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITING OPPORTUNITIES
Please contact Ruben Cantu if you would like information about becoming an event sponsor or exhibitor at (510) 832-1160 x301 or email@example.com.
Please contact Ruben Cantu if you have any specific needs, such as food, interpreter services, and/or accessibility at (510) 832-1160 x301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– See more at: http://cpehn.org/event/212#sthash.vT0wmDC2.dpuf